Looking for a creamy dip? Enter my quick and easy Recipe For Avocado Dip! This dip is creamy, dairy free, and full of fresh flavor. Use it on tacos, bowls, nachos, salads, and more!
Recipe For Avocado Dip
I think I make a version of this dip about 3 times a week right now! If you live in our area you’ll get this comparison, but it reminds me so much of the Chuy’s creamy jalapeño dip, except a way healthier version. The creamy texture and fresh jalapeño flavor are addictive in the best way. We love this dip on veggie tacos, roasted vegetables, and sweet potato nachos, but the possibilities are endless.
Let’s make some avocado dip!
Avocado Dip Ingredients:
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients. See the full recipe card below for detailed amounts and instructions!
- Avocado – The star of the dip! Avocado makes this dip so smooth and creamy.
- Jalapeño – Just one jalapeño (seeded) gives this dip the best fresh flavor! Sometimes I add 2 for even more taste. If you’re worried about the heat, I have found that if you remove the seeds it isn’t spicy at all. Just gives great flavor.
- Olive oil – Just a little bit of olive oil helps give this dip a glossy touch.
- Water – I found my favorite texture for this dip is with 1/2 cup of water, but feel free to adapt it to how you like yours. Use less water for a thicker dip, more for thinner.
- Lime juice – Love the tang that the lime gives this dip. So so good!
- Cilantro – Fresh or dried, but fresh is always best.
- Chile lime seasoning – This is optional, but I absolutely love the extra flavor it adds!
- Sea salt – I keep it at around 1/4 teaspoon in mine, but do a taste test and add more if you like.
How to Make This Recipe For Avocado Dip:
To make this recipe, simply:
- Place all ingredients into blender or food processor and pulse until completely smooth in texture. Add more water to thin the dip to your liking.
Ways to use avocado dip:
- On salads
- With roasted vegetables
- As a vegetable, chip, or cracker dip
- As a topping on tacos, quesadillas, or nachos
- As a topping on rice bowls
More healthy recipes you’ll love!
- White Bean & Kale Salad
- Tahini Lemon Dressing
- My Favorite Farro Salad
- Easy Lentil Salad
- How to Cook Farro
- Tropical Smoothie Recipes
- Oven Roasted Vegetables
- Soft Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls
- Autumn Vegetable Minestrone
- Sweet Potato & Black Bean Bowls
- Savory Herb Carrots
- 1 jalapeño, remove stem and seeds
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Chile lime seasoning (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Place all ingredients into blender or food processor and pulse until completely smooth in texture. Add more water to thin the dip to your liking.
Heat: If you want to add more heat, add a another jalapeño or red pepper flakes to the mix.
To store: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Did you make this recipe?
I can’t wait to hear what you think of this recipe for avocado dip! When you make it, be sure to leave an amazing review in the comments below or tag #goingforgrace on social!