If you don’t have a Recipe For Pico de Gallo in your arsenal, this one’s for you! This refreshing Mexican dip uses only a handful of ingredients and comes together in minutes!
Recipe For Pico de Gallo
Meet your new favorite taco topping! This refreshing dip is my absolute favorite because it is so fresh, flavorful, and quick to make. Even better is that it takes only a handful of ingredients that you probably already keep in your fridge. Because you can make it in advance, it is a great recipe to throw together when you are entertaining or hosting friends! This recipe makes what I would consider enough for 4 people, so double or triple it depending on the amount of people you’re serving.
Let’s make some Pico!
How do you make a good Pico?
To make the best Pico de Gallo, simply:
- Choose the freshest ingredients. The fresher the ingredients, the better the Pico!
- Evenly dice. The more evenly your ingredients are diced, the better flavor you’ll get in each bite! Dice as finely as you prefer.
- Let it come together. The longer that you can allow the ingredients to come together, the better the flavor. I’m not talking too long, 15-30 even does the trick! You want to let all of the juices and flavors from the ingredients come out and meld together. If you have the time, make the Pico ahead of time and let it chill in the fridge overnight for really great flavor!
Pico de Gallo Ingredients:
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients. See the full recipe card below for detailed amounts and instructions!
- Tomatoes – The best to use are Roma, but I’ve also used grape tomatoes. Use what you have! Just make sure they are bright red and ripe!
- Onion – You can use white or red onions. Whichever you prefer!
- Jalapeño – You can make this recipe without the jalapeños if you prefer, but I personally like it much better with them. Sometimes I add two extra! If you’re worried about the heat, I have found that if you remove the seeds it isn’t spicy at all. Just gives great fresh flavor.
- Lime juice – Love the tang and flavor that the lime gives. So good!
- Cilantro – Fresh is definitely what we want here.
- Sea salt – The salt helps bring out all of the delicious flavors in this dip!
How to Make This Recipe For Pico de Gallo:
To make this recipe, simply:
- Chop & dice – Dice the onion, jalapeño, tomatoes, and roughly chop the cilantro.
- Combine – Add the diced onion, jalapeno, tomatoes, and cilantro to a large bowl. Add the lime juice and sea salt and toss until combined. Taste and adjust the seasoning before serving.
Ways to use Pico de Gallo:
- On salads
- With roasted vegetables
- As a vegetable, chip, or cracker dip
- As a topping on tacos, quesadillas, or nachos
- As a topping on rice bowls
More healthy recipes you’ll love!
- White Bean & Kale Salad
- Tahini Lemon Dressing
- My Favorite Farro Salad
- Easy Lentil Salad
- How to Cook Farro
- Tropical Smoothie Recipes
- Oven Roasted Vegetables
- Soft Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls
- Autumn Vegetable Minestrone
- Sweet Potato & Black Bean Bowls
- Savory Herb Carrots
- 10-12 ripe Roma tomatoes, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 small white or red onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded & diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Chop & dice - Dice the onion, jalapeños, tomatoes, and roughly chop the cilantro.
- Combine - Add the diced onion, jalapenos, tomatoes, and cilantro to a large bowl. Add the lime juice and sea salt and toss until combined. Taste and adjust the seasoning before serving.
Heat: If you want to add more heat, add another jalapeño or red pepper flakes to the mix.
To store: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Did you make this recipe?
I can’t wait to hear what you think of this Recipe for Pico de Gallo! When you make it, be sure to leave an amazing review in the comments below or tag #goingforgrace on social!