A light and refreshing Greek pasta salad recipe, perfect for an easy addition to dinner. This easiest Greek pasta salad is packed full of flavor, from the feta cheese to the salad dressing!
This bow tie pasta salad is one of my favorite side dishes. It is made with a vinaigrette dressing that is light, refreshing, and full of amazing flavors. It makes the entire salad!
You’ll love this Greek salad dressing on so much more than this pasta salad. It is great on chopped salads, cucumber salads, and even as a marinade!
What is in a Traditional Greek Salad?
Greek salad is made with tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, red onion, feta cheese, and olives. It is typically seasoned with olive oil mixed with salt and Greek mountain oregano (YUM). Common additions include green bell pepper slices or capers.
Easiest Greek Pasta Salad as a Main Dish or a Side Dish
Pasta salad is such a simple and versatile dish. You can easily change up the ingredients and dressings to fit your own family’s tastes. I will often make them in large batches and enjoy for several days because they keep so well in the fridge!
This pasta is fantastic for entertaining or making to take somewhere. It is the perfect side dish, but also could be served as a main!
How to Make this Easy Greek Salad Dressing
This Greek salad dressing is so quick and easy to make! Simply whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, minced garlic, red pepper, and honey. Drizzle over your pasta and stir until all is coated. The longer the dressing soaks into the pasta salad the better it gets.
I also love this Greek dressing over a cucumber salad or fresh greens!
Easiest Greek Pasta Salad Ingredients
- Farfalle – Also known as bow tie pasta! You really could use any type of pasta, but bow tie is by far my favorite for pasta salads.
- Red onion – You can’t have a Greek salad without red onions…
- Olives – or olives! You can use your favorite olives, but I use Kalamata as they are most commonly used in Greece.
- Cherry tomatoes – Love the color these add!
- Feta cheese – A Greek cheese made from Sheep’s or Goat’s milk. This cheese packs a punch when it come to flavor!
- Olive oil – The perfect base for our salad dressing.
- Red wine vinegar – I love the flavoring of red wine vinegar when added to this dressing!
- Lemon juice – Fresh is best!
- Oregano – My favorite spice!
- Garlic – Minced garlic
- Red pepper flakes – Don’t be intimidated by these. They really bring out the flavor in this dressing!
- Honey – Just a tad of honey brings the whole dressing together.
How to Make the Easiest Greek Pasta Salad
- Prepare the pasta al dente according to package instructions.
- Drain pasta and rinse under cold running water for 30 seconds or until pasta is cool. Drain water and place pasta into a large serving bowl.
- Add the prepared red onion, olives, feta cheese, and tomatoes to the bowl.
- In another small bowl mix together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, minced garlic, black pepper, sea salt, red pepper flakes, and honey. Whisking until all is combined.
- Drizzle the dressing over top of the pasta and toss until evenly coated.
- Garnish with extra feta cheese and chill until ready to serve.
Tips for Making the Best Pasta Salad
- Cook your pasta to al dente. No one deserves a mushy pasta salad!
- Rinse your noodles in the strainer with cold water before adding your remaining ingredients and dressing.
- Allow your pasta salad to marinate in the fridge before serving. Overnight is best for all of the flavors to soak in, but as long as you can will do!
More Easy Salad Recipes to Try
Did you make this recipe?
I can’t wait to hear what you think of this Easiest Greek Pasta Salad recipe! When you make it, be sure to leave an amazing review in the comments below or tag #goingforgrace on social!