Tuscan Tortellini Soup
An easy Tuscan Tortellini Soup recipe that will warm you to your core. Filled with so much goodness, I guarantee this savory soup will quickly became a cold weather favorite at your house!
This Tuscan tortellini soup has been a cold weather staple at our house for the last four years! I hadn’t even planned to post it until Michael tried it and started raving about how good it was. I always get so excited when I can create a recipe that he really loves! Not only is it incredibly flavored, but a quick and easy 20 minute homemade dinner!
This recipe contains every staple that I crave: simple, quick, and an easy clean up. I find it to be the perfect comfort food on a cold day and especially comforting if you are dealing with a pesky cold or allergies!
What is Tortellini?
Tortellini is a stuffed noodle, usually filled with a mix of cheeses and folded into a fortune cookie shape so they hold their filling while cooking. Tortellini can be filled with anything from vegetables to meats! They are traditionally cooked in and served with a broth.
Tuscan Tortellini Soup Ingredients
- White onion – A small one is all you will need!
- Garlic – I love garlic, but if you aren’t a fan you can always cut down the amount used.
- Chicken Broth – You can easily replace this with bone broth or vegetable broth.
- Diced Tomatoes – Their sweetness balances this savory soup perfectly.
- White Beans – White bean soups are my favorite by far!
- Tortellini – The star of our show friends! I use cheese filled for this soup and purchase it in the refrigerated section at the grocery store.
- Chicken – There are many nights I don’t even use chicken in this soup (see variations below), but when I do it is most definitely precooked from the grocery store!
- Spinach – I use baby spinach for this recipe and love how beautifully it wilts in.
- Parmesan – Shaved is my personal favorite!
- Heavy Cream – The cream adds the final touch to this soup. You can substitute with milk if needed.
- Italian Seasoning – Any will do! I have been using Herbes De Provence from Trader Joes the most lately.
- Salt & Pepper – To taste, of course!
How to Make Tuscan Tortellini Soup
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add in diced onion and minced garlic and cook until tender.
- Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, white beans, heavy cream, shredded Parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to the pot with the onion and garlic stirring to combine.
- Bring the soup to a simmer.
- Stir in shredded chicken, cheese tortellini, and spinach.
- Simmer for 10 minutes. Tortellini should be cooked through and soup should thicken.
- Serve with shredded Parmesan and your favorite bread!
Variations We Love
- To make this soup vegetarian simply remove the chicken and add an extra can of white beans. We do this quite often!
- To make it gluten free look for a gluten free tortellini or swap it to a gluten free noodle.
More Quick Dinner Options:
Did you make this recipe?
I can’t wait to hear what you think of this savory Tuscan Tortellini Soup recipe! When you make it, be sure to leave an amazing review in the comments below or tag #goingforgrace on social!