Consider your search for the perfect Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin Recipe over! These are perfectly fluffy and full of the same delicious flavors that are in my favorite blueberry cobbler, but with the added bonus of being gluten-free!
Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin Recipe
Remember when we were nineteen years old and up-sizing our meals at Chick-fil-a? In all seriousness, growing up I never truly believed it when people would say that there would come a day when I wouldn’t be able to eat like that, but alas, here we are!
While neither Michael or I are gluten-free, we have come to notice a significant difference when we limit our gluten intake. Now, whether that is due to making fresher and healthier choices than gluten or gluten itself I cannot say, but I know my body always reacts positively.
My sister does stick to a strict gluten-free diet, so I’ve tried my fair share of gluten-free cupcakes and such along the way. Enough to know that not all gluten-free “baked goods” are on the same level of my kind of baked goods. So when I started experimenting with a gluten-free muffin I knew it had to be SO good that no one would even suspect that it was gluten-free. Mission accomplished!
Let’s make some muffins!
Why Is It The Best?
After batch after batch, I landed on what I think to be the BEST gluten-free blueberry muffin that I had ever had and here’s why:
- The consistency is perfectly fluffy with the lightest layer of crunch on top!
- The fresh blueberries spread out into the batter while cooking and create the most incredible flavor and texture throughout!
- The combination of vanilla extract and cinnamon make it taste just like a blueberry cobbler!
- They only take one type of flour!
- You would never know that they were gluten-free!
What Is In This Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin Recipe
To make these muffins, you will need the following ingredients. See the full recipe card below for detailed amounts and instructions.
- Unsalted butter – If all you have is salted butter simply do not use the salt listed below.
- Eggs – These will be your binder!
- Almond milk – If you prefer you can replace with skim, 1%, or 2% regular milk.
- Vanilla extract – For that perfect flavor.
- Gluten-free measure for measure (also called 1 to 1) flour – My favorite is King Arthur!
- Sugar – In the recipe I have it listed as 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup. It is really dependent upon how sweet you like your muffins! I prefer 3/4 cup.
- Baking powder – For that pretty rise!
- Cinnamon – Don’t skip, trust me!
- Salt – Just a tad
- Fresh blueberries – Using fresh berries in this recipe makes all the difference!
How to Make This Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin Recipe
To make these muffins, simply:
- Make the batter – In a medium bowl, whisk together melted butter, eggs, almond milk, and vanilla extract. In a larger bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Pour wet ingredients into the dry and stir until fully combined. Add in the blueberries and gently fold in until evenly distributed.
- Bake – Place batter into a greased 12 cup muffin tin 3/4 full in each tin and bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick and it come out clean.
More Fruit Filled Recipes You’ll Love!
- Peach Bundt Cake
- Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Honey Lemon Loaf Cake
- Lemon Lavender Cookies
- Grapefruit Tartlets
- Lemon Raspberry Bundt Cake
- Lemon Honey Berry Tart
- Vanilla Lime Cupcakes
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free measure for measure flour such as King Arthur
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup granulated sugar (dependent on your taste!)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Make the batter - In a medium bowl, whisk together melted butter, eggs, almond milk, and vanilla extract. In a larger bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Pour wet ingredients into the dry and stir until fully combined. Add in the blueberries and gently fold in until evenly distributed.
- Bake - Place batter into a greased 12 cup muffin tin 3/4 full in each tin and bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick and it come out clean.
The almond milk can be replaced by skim, 1%, or 2% milk if you prefer
Did you make this recipe?
I can’t wait to hear what you think of this delicious Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin Recipe! When you make them, be sure to leave an amazing review in the comments below or tag #goingforgrace on social!